April is National Poetry Month
April is National Poetry month, and the wealth of online poetry resources means that teachers in all subject areas can integrate poetry into their classroom instruction. Exposure to poetry has clear benefits to all age groups, such as improvements to critical thinking, verbal skills, and memory. Check out the links below for some great inspiration and source material.
- National Poetry Month Frequently Asked Questions
- Poems Kids Like (Academy of American Poets)
- Classical Poems for Children
- Math Poems (for younger students)
- Science Poems (for older students)
- History Poems (for older students)
- Poetry Resources (Teachers and Elementary students)
Have you found a great resource you’d like to share? Comment below!